I love soup. I could eat soup every day—even in the summer, even when it is 90 degrees outside with 100% humidity. Call me crazy, but I love it. My husband, on the other hand, does not love soup so we compromise and only have it once in a while. (I really cannot complain though because he is an awesome eater and loves just about everything I make .)
My favorite places to eat lunch are little cafes that serve homemade soups. When I was in high school I worked at a contemporary art museum called Mass MoCA. Not only was the museum awesome, but it had the best café called Lickety Split.
Every day that I worked I ate lunch there because they had the most delicious homemade soups and quiche (not to mention my favorite ice cream of all time and the nicest owners, Tom and Cathy ). The best part about their soups is that none of them is cream based—so I didn’t have to feel guilty eating them . I haven’t worked there in over ten years, but I still crave their soup!
Although I could eat soup year round, I especially crave a nice warm bowl of soup in the winter. There is something about a big bowl of soup that is so comforting.
Since this is the perfect time of year for soup, I decided to put together a list of some delicious soup recipes to share with you. (None of these recipes is for cream-based soups because although those soups are delicious they are not good for you and we are all about being mindful of our eating over here at MYBT .)
Top 10 Soup Recipes to Warm the Winter Soul
1. Slow Cooker Bean and Barley Soup by The Food Network Kitchens
2. Ribolita (Italian Cabbage and Bean Soup) by The Amateur Gourmet
3. Cumin Scented Wheatberry Lentil Soup by Eating Well
4. Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup by Cook Like a Champion
5. Chunky Veg Soup by Butterfly Food
6. Chicken Soup with Butternut Squash and Spinach by Healthy Green Kitchen
7. Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup by Family Kitchen
8. Eat the Rainbow Black Bean Veggie Soup by FatFree Vegan Kitchen
9. Caldo Xochitl (Mexican Hot Flower Soup) by Budget Bytes
10. Pasta Fazool (Pasta e Fagioli) by Our Hiding Place
Question of the Day, Leave me a comment and tell me, What is your favorite soup recipe?Pin It